Vegetarian Chili with Red Kidney Beans, Black Beans and Garbanzo Beans and Tomatoes. Garnished with Cilantro Sprig and served in a rustic bowl over a light wood table.
1. Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery, green pepper, jalapeno and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are soft.
2. Add dried spices and cook for two minutes stirring constantly.
3. Add canned tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add kidney beans and corn, continue cooking for 15 minutes longer.
5. Take off heat, add maple syrup and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
6. To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro, cheddar cheese, sour cream, etc.